Alisa Preston, P. Eng., has joined Global Diving & Salvage, Inc. as Director of Marine Technology.
Oxford Flow, a flow control equipment specialist for oil, gas, water and industrial process industries, has appointed Iain Conn as non-executive director as the company embarks on further growth and diversification.
Boskalis announces the acquisition of all the shares of Rever Offshore’s subsea services business (‘Rever’). Rever, formally known as Bibby Offshore, offers a broad range of solutions in the area of subsea construction, inspection, repair and maintenance.
The World Ocean Council is pleased to announce the launch of “BlueFIN 21” - the annual Global Blue Finance Summit.
BlueFIN 21 is an invitation-only event which will commence in 2021. The specific dates and location will be determined early in the coming year.
BlueFIN 21 builds on the success of the WOC Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) in late 2019 “Investing in Ocean Futures: Finance and Innovation for the Blue Economy”, which is the most comprehensive global Blue Finance event organized to date and followed on from longstanding WOC Ocean Investment Platform developments.
- The SOS 2019 “Investing in Ocean Futures” Program is available here.
- The SOS 2019 Executive Summary Report is available here.
- The list of CEOs/Senior Executives who attend the WOC SOS is available here.
The WOC “Ocean Investor Roundtable” began meeting monthly in early 2020 with a steadily growing finance and investment network on ocean sustainable development, as a direct result of the SOS 2019.
BlueFIN 21 will convene the investment and finance community involved in or interested in the sustainable ocean economy, including:
- Asset owners and Asset managers
- Ocean Funds and Impact Investors
- Institutional Investors
- Family Offices and Philanthropic Investors
- Corporate Investors and Venture Capital
- Government Funding Agencies and Multi-lateral Funding Organizations
BlueFIN 21 will address a full range of ocean finance and sustainable development topics, such as:
- Blue Finance Opportunities: Ocean Economy Sector Trends and Forecasts
- Ocean ESG Framework: Standards, Metrics, Indicators, Monitoring and Reporting
- Institutional Investors and the Ocean: Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds and the Blue Economy
- Corporate Investing and Venture Capital for Ocean Sustainable Development
- Ocean Impact Investing and the Growing Ocean Funds Community
- Philanthropic Investment and the Blue Economy
- Family Office Financing for Ocean Health and Sustainability
- Multi-Lateral and Public Funding as Partners for Risk Mitigation/Guarantees
- The Role of Banks in Ocean Sustainable Development
- Blended Finance and Blue Finance
- Ocean/Maritime Insurance Community, Risk, and Sustainable Development
- Ocean/Maritime Legal Community Support for Advancing Blue Finance
- Blue Finance and Blockchain
To receive to BlueFIN 21 news and updates, click here.
Subsea instrumentation designer and manufacturer Aquatec Group, announces the start of its 31st year in business with a novel online click-and-raise landing page on its website. For every click on its corporate timeline, the company adds an amount up to a fixed sum that will be donated from its own funds to the Marine Conservation Society.