By splitting up the proven telemetry components of the ScanFish ROTV system for integration with other pieces of equipment, EIVA is able to offer manufacturers an off-the-shelf power and communications solution for easy integration with equipment deployed from a vessel using long cables.
The kit is available in a standard version with or without a subsea pressure bottle, and also in more customised version, to accommodate other needs and requirements.
New to the price list but familiar with the survey job
All ScanFish ROTV systems surveying the world’s seas for some of the major players in the maritime industry include this technology. This means that the ScanFish Cable Telemetry Kit has proven its worth in many different applications.
No need for expensive cables – a simple coax will do
The ScanFish Cable Telemetry Kit enables the user to save the time and money of developing their own setup from scratch when looking to power and establish communication with subsea equipment via long cables. It also diminishes the issues development normally poses. Furthermore, it becomes unnecessary to invest in expensive cables.
The ScanFish Cable Telemetry Kit comes in a standard version for equipment with a coax subsea cable. The standard kit includes:
- Topside (2U rack unit) with:
- 300 W power supply
- Modem for Ethernet over power cable (4-5 Mbit/s via a single wire 4,000 m coax, with higher bandwidths – up to 7 Mbit/s – possible via shorter cables)
- 600 m-rated pressure bottle with subsea electronics with:
- 9 Teledyne Impulse interface connectors, with a mixture of Ethernet and serial ports
- Modem for Ethernet over power cable
- 8-port multiplexer, Ethernet to RS2323 or RS485
- 2 DC output power modules each at 130 W (one is preconfigured to 24 V, the other is customizable, allowing for 12-48 V)