World Ocean Council’s “Ocean CEO Panel” to Focus on Business and Investment Opportunities in Ocean Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development The World Ocean Council (WOC) invites the Ocean Business Community to the inaugural Global Science, Technology and Innovation Conference (G-STIC), an innovative event series designed to foster change, strengthen implementation and revitalize global partnerships for sustainable development.
G-STIC 2017 aims to gather over 2000 science, technology and innovation leaders in Brussels (23-25 October, 2017) to focus on private sector implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Integrated technological solutions can have a large impact on achieving the SDGs and climate change goals, and contribute to systemic change. G-STIC approaches technological innovation from a user perspective, taking into consideration the regulatory environment needed for integrated solutions.
The plenary Ocean CEO Panel (24 October, 2017) will feature preeminent maritime industry leaders and will be moderated by WOC CEO Paul Holthus.
The “Ocean CEO Panel” will address:
- The science, technology and innovation relevant to ocean sustainable development
- The challenge of developing collaboration among science, technology and innovation communities
- How to translate technology research into implementable ocean business opportunities
- The means to foster and facilitate interaction within and among ocean industry sectors
- Emerging technological innovations relevant to sustainable use of the ocean
Participants can benefit from the reduced hotel rates by registering before 8 September 2017 here.
Find more information about the Conference and the Ocean CEO Panel here.