New Board of Directors and Senior Staff at Business Network for Offshore Wind
The Business Network for Offshore Wind has announced three new members to its Board of Directors as well as the addition of three new senior staff members.
New Board members from Dominion Energy, DEME Offshore, and Anbaric join current members from Lloyd’s Register, Ørsted, Siemens and others. They each offer experience in the regulatory, utility, transmission and logistical spheres and will deepen the Network’s expertise in the offshore wind energy industry – one of the fastest growing renewable energies in the U.S.
In addition, the Network added three new senior staff focused on communications, supply chain development, and strategic partnerships. Overall, the Business Network’s Board of Directors and senior staff’s breadth of industry knowledge and experience reflect the organization’s mission to develop a robust U.S. supply chain. It also further solidifies the Network’s role as a leader and advocate for the offshore wind energy industry.
“Each board member expands and deepens the Network’s expertise in all facets of offshore wind and the supply chain,” said Liz Burdock, president & CEO of the Business Network for Offshore Wind. “The Board brings together developers, local suppliers, and utility and federal regulators, which gives our organization a unique and necessary mixture of experiences so that we can fulfill our mission to develop the U.S. supply chain and support the industry growth.”
New Business Network Board Members:
- Clark Bruno, chief executive officer, Anbaric
- Jan Klaassen, business unit manager - Offshore Renewables, DEME Offshore USA
- Mark Mitchell, senior vice president of Project Construction, Dominion Energy
They join the existing members of the Network Board (full list here).
- Andrew Michael, vice president, M&T Bank
- Cindy Truitt, chief executive officer, Humanim
- Don Hairston, general manager, L3 Technologies
- Jay Borkland, senior engineering manager of Renewables, Lloyd’s Register, and visiting professor at Tufts University
- Joel Whitman, executive vice president, Global Marine Group
- Joseph Tirone, partner and co-leader - Energy & Natural Resources Sector, Womble Bond Dickinson
- Katarina Ennerfelt, president, ARCON Welding Equipment
- Kevin Pearce, U.S. grid access business development manager, Siemens
- Lauren Burm, Head of Public Affairs - North America, Ørsted
- Lorry Wagner, USA Director, Ventolines
- Matthew Palmer, vice president, Wood Thilsted
- Nat Spencer, vice president of the Americas, PanGEO Subsea
- Tim Fischer, vice director – Wind Energy, Ramboll
The Business Network added three new senior members to support rapid industry growth in the U.S. and globally. Lori Rugh, senior vice president of collaboration and communications, is responsible for new and innovative approaches to industry and Network events, including the Network’s annual International Partnering Forum taking place in August, as well as market growth and building public support of the offshore wind industry and its supply chain. Ross Gould, vice president for supply chain development, oversees the growth and evolution of the offshore wind supply chain as well as the offshore wind industry’s workforce development. Sam Salustro, director of coalitions and strategic partnerships, leads the Network’s operations in Maryland, the Network’s founding state.
“The expansion of the Network team demonstrates the importance of offshore wind moving forward,” added Burdock. “Our focus is to enable and support the growth of offshore wind, answering the demand by federal and state governments and populations for more clean energy by 2035.”