The ICPC Plenary 2020 Now Accepting Abstract
The International Cable Protection Committee (ICPC) is a non-commercial, non-profit international community of interest comprising 170 Member organizations from 65 countries who are active in the critical activities of regulating, operating, building, securing and maintaining submarine cable infrastructure. ICPC Members take care of over 97% of the world’s submarine telecommunications cable infrastructure, and an increasing number of international submarine power cables.
The ICPC Plenary will be held at the hotel Novotel Madrid Center from 28th – 30th April 2020 inclusive. Attendance at the ICPC Plenary provides significant benefits for members, presenters and exhibitors. The theme for the 2020 ICPC Plenary is:
ICPC 2020 Vision: Reliability, Security, Resilience and Sustainability of vital international submarine cables
The ICPC now seeks presentation abstracts that address this broad theme. Recommended topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reliability: How science, engineering, survey and planning developments enhance the reliability of submarine cable systems
- Security: Sharing the burden of keeping critical international infrastructure secure by working with authorities, stakeholders and other seabed users
- Resilience: Protecting international telecommunications and power cable systems through collaboration, innovative design and optimum routing
- Sustainability: Better science, technology, law, manufacturing, installation and repair so submarine cables remain neutral to benign in the marine environment
The ICPC Plenary attracts global attendance and provides valuable opportunities to exchange ideas on the planning, installation, operation, protection and maintenance of cables, to learn from colleagues facing similar challenges, and to get up-to-date with environmental and legal aspects of submarine cables. The Plenary Agenda includes presentations, round tables, interviews, exhibits and networking opportunities. More information on the ICPC can be found here.
Abstracts, Important Dates and Presentations
- Abstracts can be submitted online by clicking here.
- Presentations should be a maximum of 25 minutes long, including approximately 5 minutes for questions and answers, formatted in accordance with the ICPC guidelines that will be provided.
- The ICPC will evaluate all submissions based on content, relevance and quality.
- Overt marketing presentations will not be accepted. One slide stating the presenter’s affiliation and its activities can be included at the beginning or end of the presentation.
- The cut-off date for abstract submission is Friday 31st January 2020.
- Decision notification to presenters by Friday 28th February 2020.