GTT to Acquire Transatlantic Cable Operator Hibernia Networks
GTT Communications, Inc., a leading global cloud networking provider to multinational clients, announced a definitive agreement to acquire Hibernia Networks, a leading provider of global, high-speed network connectivity solutions and owner of terrestrial and subsea fiber assets including Hibernia Express, the lowest latency transatlantic cable system.
The $590 million transaction consists of $515 million in cash and approximately 3.3 million shares of GTT common stock, to be issued to the sellers at closing, valued at $75 million.
- Adds breadth and depth to GTT’s global Tier 1 IP network with owned and leased dark fiber assets including five owned subsea cables and eight cable landing stations
- Expands GTT’s cloud networking portfolio, composed of wide area networking, internet, managed services and voice services, with the addition of optical and low latency transport, video and CDN services
- Adds a world-class video transport platform servicing content rights holders, broadcasters, cable companies and OTT providers
- Grows GTT’s client base, adding marquee clients with depth in the financial services, media and entertainment, web-centric and service provider segments, which will remain strategic verticals of focus for GTT
- Enhances GTT’s financial profile by adding a substantial, highly complementary recurring revenue business with strong cash flow characteristics
“This acquisition accelerates GTT’s growth strategy by expanding our portfolio of cloud networking services, significantly increasing the scope and power of our global network, and growing our multinational client base,” said Rick Calder, GTT president and CEO. “Hibernia Networks has a demonstrated track record of growth, and brings unique, strategic network assets featuring high-bandwidth, low latency connectivity. We are very excited to welcome Hibernia Networks’ clients and talented team members to GTT. Following our successful, proven acquisition template, we expect to complete integration within two to three quarters post-close, and to achieve a post-synergy multiple of seven times Adjusted EBITDA or better on a pro forma basis.”
“GTT’s acquisition of Hibernia Networks provides great benefit to the entirety of our customer base as well as our two organizations,” said Bjarni Thorvardarson, Hibernia Networks’ chief executive officer. “GTT gains world class global fiber assets, including ultra-low latency routes between key financial markets, as well as optical, low latency and content services, and exceptional employees with a proven track record of network and commercial leadership, and exemplary customer service. Hibernia Networks clients around the world will benefit from the expansive reach of GTT’s Tier 1 IP network, the broader portfolio of products and services, improved scale, and the company’s expertise in delivering cloud networking solutions and managed services to multinational clients.”
The parties expect to close the transaction by the end of first quarter 2017, subject to certain regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
The Bank Street Group LLC served as exclusive financial advisor to Hibernia in connection with this transaction.
Under the terms of the agreement, the purchase price is $590 million, subject to customary adjustments for working capital and other items, composed of $515 million in cash, plus approximately 3.3 million shares of GTT common stock, to be issued to the sellers at closing, valued at $75 million. The cash portion of the purchase price will be funded with proceeds from additional debt issuance, consisting of secured term loans as well as senior unsecured notes. The debt syndication process will be led by KeyBank National Association and Credit Suisse, who provided committed financing for the transaction.
For more information, visit www.gtt.net.