SEAMOR Marine Launches Sea Otter Reel
SEAMOR Marine, a global leader in the manufacture of Inspection Class Remotely Operated Vehicles, is excited to announce the launch of the Sea Otter 50 and the Sea Otter 100 tether management systems.
Designed and built in-house in British Columbia, Canada, these stunning new Reel Systems can carry up to 400m and 800m of their tether respectively. The new designs allow for tremendous improvements in both serviceability and operational efficiency due to the unsurpassed levels of modularity, which have been meticulously incorporated during the R&D process.
“SEAMOR is known for robust, quality products, and our new reel takes modularity to the next level. SEAMOR’s new Sea Otter Reel is easy to service and sustain, and its adaptable modularity makes it compatible for tethering other underwater technology tools and devices on the market.” says Robin Li, President of SEAMOR Marine. “We are deeply appreciative of the government’s support for the research and development to engineer the Sea Otter Reel.”
- New level of modularity to ROV tether management allows easy maintenance and service.
- Removable reel hub allows access to the core of the reel without having to unspool tether.
- Connector-based design allows service without specialized tools.
- Modular electronics provide a clear future upgrade path for customers.
- Metric fasteners throughout make sourcing replacements straightforward.
- External ground stud and grounded (via slip ring) spool for added safety.
- Adjustable spool friction prevents backlash from freewheeling, as well as spool lock.
- Designed to be used with or without a Pelican case.
- Mates with a motorized drive.
- All exposed mechanical parts are made from stainless steel, powder-coated aluminum, or weather/impact-resistant plastic.
- Integrated lift points.
The Sea Otter 50 weighs approximately 23 kg without tether, without the mounting rails, without a pelican case. The Sea Otter 100 weights approximately 28 kg without tether, without the mounting rails, without a Pelican case.