Five Information-Packed Mornings at SUT Virtual Subsea Awareness Course
It’s ‘all systems go’ for the Society for Underwater Technology’s (SUT’s) foundation-level virtual Subsea Awareness Course (SAC) being presented over 15-hours on five mornings by leading industry figures.
The virtual course is based on SUT’s highly successful face-to-face 5-day course from which more than a thousand delegates have benefited over more than 20 years.
The interactive sessions will run from 10:00 until 13:00 on 7-11 June 2021with open sessions before and after enabling delegates to network and discuss the topics under review. Registration can be completed here.
Cheryl Burgess, Chief Executive of SUT
As Cheryl Burgess, Chief Executive of SUT explained:
“The virtual SAC is aimed at new entrants who are already technically qualified but just entering the offshore energy industry and/or the subsea sector; at technically qualified experienced personnel undergoing a technology transfer and conversion process into the subsea sector; and at non-technical personnel from legal or finance sectors who regularly deal with the subsea sector.”
Sessions will cover over the five mornings will cover Subsea Production Equipment & Systems; Flow Assurance; Pipeline & Risers; Constructions & Installation; Metocean; Renewables and Future Technology Trends; and Operation, Maintenance & Decommissioning.
Cheryl Burgess added:
“We’re looking forward to the type of positive feedback from delegates as we get for the face-to-face SAC which repeatedly has included comments such as:
- “Great course and great instructors”
- “Well organized and the presenters made learning about subsea enjoyable”
- “A great course from which to gain a thorough understanding of the existing technologies that can help solve current problems”
- “This course increased subsea vision and understanding”
- “Extremely helpful and definitely recommended for people of all disciplines”
- “The presenters were excellent, and the course material was at a very professional level”
- “It helped me improve and consolidate my existing knowledge”
The course fee for SUT members is £715 (with this discounted price also available to EEEGR, OES and EIC members; and £845 for non-members (excluding VAT where chargeable); the specialist presenters from across the sector including operators, contractors and technology suppliers will be announced shortly.