EUROPE COMMISSIONER FOR RESEARCH, INNOVATION AND SCIENCE; CANADA DEPUTY MINISTER OF FISHERIES AND OCEANS; AND U.S. HEAD OF NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE TO OPEN WOC BUSINESS FORUM
High-Level Panel To Address How Ocean Policy and Marine Planning Can Support the Blue Economy, Innovation and Business Opportunities Across the Atlantic
The panel “Collaboration in Science-Based Ocean Policy and Marine Planning” will take place on Monday, 29 September 2014, 8:30am – 9:30am at the WOC Business Forum on Ocean Policy and Planning (New York, 28-30 Sept, 2014). Click here to register for the Business Forum and to see the program.
Confirmed High Level Speakers:
▪ Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, EU Commissioner, Research, Innovation and Science
▪ Matthew King, Deputy Minister of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO), Canada
▪ Holly Bamford, Assistant Administrator, National Ocean Service, US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
These eminent speakers will address:
▪ What is the role of government in developing science-based ocean policy and marine planning in support of responsible industry operations?
▪ How can government, science and business best collaborate to advance the Blue Economy and innovation for solutions, especially at an ocean basin scale?
▪ How is trans-Atlantic cooperation in science-based ocean policy and marine planning being accelerated and coordinated in response to the EU, Canada and U.S. Galway Statement commitment?
The WOC Business Forum on Ocean Policy and Planning is an unprecedented opportunity for ocean industries to engage high level officials from Europe, Canada and the U.S. on ocean science, observations, innovation and business community collaboration.
SPECIAL ROOM RATES END FRIDAY, 12 SEPT:
Reserve your room for the WOC Business Forum
The venue for the WOC Business Forum is the Roosevelt Hotel (45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017). A limited number of rooms are available at the special Business Forum group rate. Additional rooms are available at the U.S. Government rate for Qualified Registrants. To reserve a room under the negotiated rate, visit the hotel's reservations desk. Hotel room availability is increasingly limited in the area for September.