Ocean Specialists, Inc. (OSI) provides design, engineering, and delivery of fiber-based data networks for offshore facilities. The company is globally renowned for its advisory services and full project delivery of end-to-end communications solutions for telecom, oil & gas, and ocean observing applications.
Having successfully conducted more than 100 subsea data network projects for its global client base, OSI has developed the expertise to ensure data connectivity requirements are addressed in the most technically sound, cost-efficient way possible.
With offices in Stuart, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts; Houston, Texas and Singapore, and additional resources strategically located around the world, OSI helps clients minimize risk, optimize investment, and maximize the value of subsea fiber-based data networks. With extensive hands-on experience in the commercial and economic analysis, design, implementation, and management of subsea networks, OSI has met the needs of customers across telecommunications, oil & gas, and environmental monitoring companies and governments worldwide.
Contact OSI today for the planning, design, delivery, and operation of your offshore communications network.
Recent and Ongoing Projects – A Brief Overview
• Design, development, and ongoing operations for the Poseidon fiber network, the first hybrid offshore Oil & Gas and Ocean Observing Network.
• Network design, feasibility, and project implementation on five major oil and gas submarine fiber optic projects in four regions within the past 24 months (U.S., Australia, SE Asia, and Africa).
• Technical, market, and commercial advisory services to owners of three major regional telecommunications networks (Asia and Africa).
Maximizing ROI with Digital Oilfield Solutions
Cost savings are particularly important today in the oil & gas market. Improvements in information flow that are generated by bringing fiber to offshore fields have led to proven financial benefits. Companies have reported results of up to 25% reduction in operating costs and an 8% increase in production rates at fields around the world as a result of advances in digital communications. OSI plans and installs fiber networks to maximize efficiencies, minimize risks, and optimize investments in offshore fields.
Enhancing Production and Efficiency by Maximizing Your Flow of Data
Connecting fiber-based subsea data cables to offshore oil & gas platforms is an excellent way to manage and benefit from the ever-increasing amounts of data flowing from offshore fields to onshore management. Fiber optic connectivity is unequalled in security and reliability and is the most efficient technology to carry voice, video, and data between platforms and from fields to onshore facilities.
Companies that have installed subsea fiber connections have reported significant advantages:
• Operational cost reductions with decreases in down time, improved geosteering decisions, better well placement, and reductions in offshore personnel requirements.
• Life of Field improvements with improved collaboration, better and faster decision-making, and 3D modeling that significantly improves field efficiencies.
• Improvements in HSSE, reduced exposure to risk, reduced cost of transport, optimized manning levels and reduction in offshore man-days.
• Improved decision support and more efficient work processes through remote operation of equipment, remote support for running and training new tools, and remote support for running downhole tools.
• Leveraged drilling and geological expertise with more information and the right people available for decision-making (on- and offshore).
Headquarters: 8502 SW Kansas Avenue, Stuart, Florida 34997